Quilting is a fun and rewarding hobby that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. However, it can be daunting to know where to start, especially when it comes to choosing the right sewing machine.
If you're a beginner quilter, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind when choosing a machine:
- Ease of use: You don't want to get bogged down by a complex machine with too many features. Look for a machine that is easy to thread and operate, with basic features that are essential for quilting, such as a walking foot and adjustable stitch length and width.
- Sturdy construction: A quilting machine will be used for a variety of tasks, so it's important to choose one that is made of durable materials and can withstand heavy use.
- Versatile features: A good quilting machine should have a variety of features that will allow you to create different types of quilts. Look for a machine with a variety of stitch patterns, as well as the ability to free motion quilt.
- Budget: Quilting machines can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Set a budget before you start shopping so that you don't overspend.
Here are a few of the best bernette quilting machines for beginners:
Bernette B38 is a popular choice for beginner quilters. It is a computerized machine with 60 built-in stitches, including a variety of quilting stitches. It also has a large workspace and a free arm for sewing sleeves and cuffs.
Bernette B77 is a more advanced computerized machine that is also great for quilting. It has 100 built-in stitches, including a variety of decorative stitches. It also has a built-in quilting ruler and a large workspace.
Bernette 33 is a mechanical machine that is a good option for beginners on a budget. It has 15 built-in stitches, including a variety of basic stitches. It also has a needle threader and a two-step presser foot lift.
Bernette 35 is another mechanical machine that is a good option for beginners. It has 23 built-in stitches, including a variety of basic and decorative stitches. It also has a needle threader and a three-step presser foot lift.
When choosing a quilting machine, it is important to consider your budget, skill level, and the features that are important to you. If you are a beginner, I would recommend the Bernette B38 or the Bernette 33. Both of these machines are easy to use and have the features you need to get started quilting.
Here are some additional factors to consider when choosing a quilting machine:
- Number of stitches: Quilting machines typically have a variety of built-in stitches, including basic, decorative, and quilting stitches. The number of stitches you need will depend on the types of quilts you want to make.
- Quilting features: Some quilting machines have features that make quilting easier, such as a built-in quilting ruler, a free arm, and a needle up/down button.
- Price: Quilting machines can range in price from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. It is important to set a budget before you start shopping.