Horn Of America
HORN 8479 TALL COMBO SEWING / QUILTING CABINET
HORN 8479 TALL COMBO SEWING / QUILTING CABINET
Get up level with your work with the Tall Combo Cabinet. At 36 1/2" you are not stooping over your work. The larger sewing machine hole allowed for the new bigger sewing machines and the Combo Cabinet also boasts a depth of 27" - no more tight knee room and a better fit for the larger embroidery machines. The 8479 Horn Cabinet features a drop leaf that is 64 inches wide.
To the right of the machine, you have a pull-out panel to safely tuck embroidery hoops or threads away. There is also plenty of room to lay your scissors down and other sewing tools.
The pull-out door has another workspace shelf that can be utilized as a small cutting table or place to put your lightbox.
Above the 4 soft closing drawers on the left is an included drawer extension platform to add to your workspace.
A 6 outlet power strip adds to the convenience of using not only your sewing machine but a lightbox, additional lighting and other electrical gadgets you like to use.
The foot control platform is removable.
With the sewing machine stored in the lowest position, the 8479 Quilting Cabinet can double as a cutting table with a wonderfully large surface to work on.
Roll this cabinet just where you want it with lockable casters.
It comes completely assembled, just put on your thread holer and hooks for your embroidery hoops, and you're ready to sew!
Sew Steady Cabinet Insets & Inserts are designed to fit your specific make and model of sewing machine and cabinet and fill gaps around your sewing area*, allowing you to work more efficiently and comfortably. They are made with one of the highest grades of acrylic.
All the inserts are designed based on having the accessory tray removed from the machine. The insert is designed to be perfectly level with the free arm of the machine. If you have a top-loading bobbin this may affect your use.
Occasionally those that are custom cutting the insert will have additional questions about your sewing machine, or the hole that they are fitting, and you will be asked more questions.
The "Whisper Quiet" Electric Lift has a red toggle switch to position your sewing machine exactly where you want to use it. Typically a sewing machine uses three positions on the sewing table.
1. Tabletop sewing for using the free-arm of your sewing machine. This is where you would use an embroidery machine too.
2. The middle position gives you a flat sewing option with the machine table being flush with the sewing cabinet top. We really encourage you to purchase a custom made acrylic insert to fit around your particular sewing machine model, giving you a smooth surface around your sewing machine and machine hole.
3. The third position of the lift places your sewing machine in the storage area under your sewing cabinet top. With your sewing machine in the lowest position, you can close up the sewing cabinet.
The beauty of the electric lift is getting your sewing machine exactly where you want it with only the push of a button, no force is needed to move heavy sewing machines.
The max weight recommended for an electric lift is 80lbs.
You are Responsible to check the Sewing Machine Hole Size
Be sure to measure your sewing machine with all attachments removed. For the best fit, allow 2 extra inches around your machine for the insert to fit well. The extra 2" also allows room for your machine to raise and lower freely with the lift and the sewing machine cords. Opening at over 70", the 8479 fits the Janome M17 and gives you additional space to be creative.
The standard sewing machine opening size can be found in the specifications.
Enter HORN10 at check out to save 10% on your Horn Sewing Cabinet!
• 31”x15-1/2” universal cut-out to fit the largest machines presently on the market
• New 27” cabinet depth for more knee room and easier fit of larger embroidery machines
• “Whisper Quiet” Electric Lift
• Melamine mar-resistant surface
• Elevated 36-1/2” sewing height
• Pull-out panel with movable hooks or included optional thread storage
• Removable foot control platform
• Soft 2.5mm Edge Banding for comfortable sewing
• Rounded corners for safety
• 6 outlet power strip included
• Doubles as a cutting table
• Hinged drop leaf with dual supports
• In front of the needle sewing
• 4 soft closing drawers
• Drawer Extension Platform included
• Easy-roll lockable casters
• Completely assembled!
The Horn cabinets are made in lots. For example, the 8090 model in white might be made this week and the 9000 next week. This affects the availability of each cabinet. When you place your order you are in line for any cabinet that may be in stock, or the next run of the cabinet you choose. So your cabinet could arrive in 2 weeks if it is in stock or be on backorder until the next run. Some cabinets could be as far out as eight weeks or more.
Open: 78-3/4” Width 69-5/8” Depth 36-1/2” Height
Closed: 64” Width 27” Depth 36-1/2” Height
Sewing Machine Hole: 31" x 15 1/2"
Weight: 375 lbs.